Stopping the Violence Program
What we're about
Stopping the Violence Program at Pacific Centre provides counselling for women who currently experience or have previously experienced abuse in an intimate adult relationship and/or who were sexually abused as children.
What we do
- Counselling: Individual counselling is provided at no cost to women. Staff have specialized training and experience to provide support and advocacy. Priority is based on the safety needs of the women. Counselling addresses issues including:
- Recognizing and understanding the dynamics of abuse
- Exploring the impact of past and current abuse
- Learning new coping and assertiveness skills
- Strengthening self-confidence and self-worth
- Developing a safety plan
- Developing and accessing a support system Group
Support groups, in conjunction with the Western Communities Women's Collaborative, are offered on a regular basis. Groups focus on understanding violence and dynamics of abuse, safety and safety planning, boundary setting, coping with stress, healthy relationship choices, and self-esteem. Please phone for group information and schedules 250-478-8357.
Connect with Stopping the Violence
We serve the West Shore, from View Royal to Metchosin. Referrals are open to any woman in the community who is experiencing, or has experienced abuse by a partner, and/or has experienced childhood sexual abuse. We also liaise with and refer to other local agencies.
For information on Stopping the Violence Program please phone 250-478-8357.