Better At Home
*Please note service provision changes during COVID-19-for Langford and Colwood:
Better at Home is funded by the Government of British Columbia and managed by the United Way Healthy Aging. It is designed to support seniors to remain independent in their home for as long as possible. Services offered in each Better at Home catchment area(s) vary between all programs.
Westshore Better at Home offers non-medical services to support seniors 65+ who reside in Colwood, Langford and Metchosin. *All seniors requesting service will be required to call us independently to apply and register before services begin.
Westshore Better at Home is NOT an urgent or emergency service. In case of urgent or emergent issues, we will do our best to connect you with an alternate resource.
Service provision utilizes both volunteer and professional service providers.
Click here for more details about how to volunteer with us.
Fees apply for some services to help recover costs.
Subsidies are available for the senior receiving the service(s), on a sliding scale based on income. Income limits for the maximum (100%) subsidy and minimum (0%) subsidy are set by United Way and are based on Guaranteed Income Supplement and Old Age Security criteria.
*Donations are always welcome. They are, of course, voluntary.
Non-Medical Services offered to those seniors 65+ living in Langford and Colwood:
- Friendly phone visits
- Light Housekeeping *fee for service
- *Grocery shopping
- (In person grocery shopping is currently on hold. We do however offer to shop for you at Thrifty’s in Colwood. *(this service is for registered participants and dependent on volunteer availability. The senior is responsible for cost of their groceries)
- *Transportation to and from a medical appointment (Currently on hold)
- The senior must be able to get in/out of car with minimal assistance.
- We do not transport wheelchairs, as this may require specialized assistance.
If you are a resident of Colwood and Langford and wish to receive more details regarding the Better at Home services, please contact Dori Bodman, Program Coordinator at Pacific Centre Family Services Association. Dori can be reached at 778-677-3540 or email@example.com.
If you are a resident of Metchosin and wish to receive more details regarding the Better at Home services, please contact Laurie Sthamann, Coordinator at the Seniors Resource Centre - Metchosin. Laurie can be reached at 250-478-5150, email firstname.lastname@example.org. or visit the website: